Take a trip down memory lane for the Fast and Furious series

Over+twenty+years+we+have+seen+the+films+of+the+amazing+Fast+and+Furious++franchise%2C+come+check+out+more+details+into+the+history.+

Wikimedia Commons

Over twenty years we have seen the films of the amazing Fast and Furious franchise, come check out more details into the history.

Nazaret Viramontes, Staff Writer

In the summer of 2001, the first film of The Fast and Furious franchise aired and millions came to watch the story of street racing, heists, and family. Over the course of twenty years, nine movies have been produced for the franchise and millions of people have enjoyed the plots of these action packed movies. 

It centers in the first film Dominic Toretto, played by Vin Diesel, who loves street racing. After a sudden encounter with a rival, Dom takes Brian O’Conner, played by Paul Walker, who is a newcomer to street racing under his wing. During the film, Dom has no idea that Brian is an undercover cop and both Dom and his rival are prime suspects of a big-rig hijacking case. 

The correct way to enjoy and watch these movies is to know the timeline of when each movie was released. 2 Fast and 2 Furious was followed after the first film of the franchise in 2003 and The Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift came out in 2006, though this film does not have Dom nor Brian in it, it does connect to set in between the sixth and seventh films. Fast and Furious came out in 2009, Fast Five in 2011 and, in 2013, The Fast and Furious 6.  

In 2015, Furious 7 debuted and, since the unfortunate death of Paul Walker in 2013, filmmakers had to rewrite and retire the character of Brian O’Conner in Furious 7.  The eighth film of the franchise came out in 2017 where The Fate of the Furious centers in a more grim area with an enemy called Cipher, who hurts Dom and the rest of his family. F9 is the ninth film of the series and this is where we see Dom confront his past. This franchise is still not over since a tenth film, called Fast X, is yet to be released on May 19, 2023. 

These films have left thousands of people, including Buena students, excited for the new film to come out because it might be the final story of the series. 

“I am really excited for the new one to come out because it left a big cliffhanger in the ninth film. I am interested in how Brian will be coming back and how he will contribute to the new film,” senior Ashley Jimenez said. 

Many new characters will be coming into Fast X and some audience members are shocked to hear how Brian would be coming back. 

“My dad always had a love for cars and that is how I got into watching the series. The reason why I also love the series is because the cars go fast and they break laws which is fun to see,” sophomore Lukas Sandoval said. “2 Fast and 2 Furious is my favorite out of all the movies because it was the last one to have street racing and people actually betting on who would win and take their car.” 

As we all wait for the new film to come out, we might experience the end of two entire decades of breathtaking cars, amazing action, and the meaning of family.