The Student News Site of Buena High School

Buena Speaks

Buena Speaks

Buena Speaks

Fall into Autumn with these fun activities

Serena Springer

It is finally Fall, which means it is an amazing time to do plenty of themed activities during this great time of the year.

There are an array of fun things to do during Fall, with its many holidays including Halloween, Dia de los Muertos, Thanksgiving, and other smaller holidays.

Here at Buena High School, there is a Dia De Los Muertos event every year. This year the event is on Nov. 1. Many clubs have a booth and there are many altars scattered throughout. Also, food is available there, but you have to pay for it.

One of the most classic, and more affordable, activities during the fall season is visiting a pumpkin patch.  Many pumpkin patches offer corn mazes, which add a new layer of fun for your friends and family. You can also buy pumpkins to carve which also double as great Halloween decorations. 

Some popular pumpkin patches here in Ventura County is, Prancers Farm in Santa Paula. Another one would be Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark.

A more expensive option would be going to a horror themed night at a theme park. Many places offer these fun nights including, Six Flags, Universal Studios, Knotts Berry Farm, and a less scary version would be Disneyland.

All of those theme parks are located in Southern Calif. and accessible from Ventura. The theme parks are open later than they usually are, so you can experience the horror themed nights in the dark. You do have to buy an extra ticket if you want to attend the haunted house attractions. 

The parks (except Disneyland) have many different haunted houses you can visit. People that work there usually jumpscare you or follow you for a little while in scary costumes. The extra hours that the park is open also allows for more time to ride all of the rides each park offers. Just taking a walk through these parks you are guaranteed to get a good scare. 

Another great thing to do is go to a football game, an option near here would be Sofi stadium in Inglewood, Calif. This would cost more than some of the options. Whether it is high school, college, or the NFL. They all play during the fall season. You can watch and support your team play football. 

One of the most classic, and more affordable, activities during the fall season is visiting a pumpkin patch,”

For high school football, you can support your school while participating in the themes of the Friday night lights games. For college football and the NFL it would be more expensive to go to a game. But usually these games are televised.

The easiest thing to do to enjoy Oct. is to simply decorate for Halloween. It is a great thing you can do with your family and show off your house to the rest of the neighborhood and people driving by. Some people put lights on their houses, pumpkins they carved, blowups, etc.

Fall is an amazing season, and many people’s favorite season. The weather is great, it is not too cold, but not too hot. There are also many holidays you can celebrate during this wonderful time!