Prom 2023, an enchanting night for all

Right outside the dance floor and bag check was the photo backdrop, decorated with fairy lights to match the theme. Not only that, but the venu also had free desserts and drinks, including a water station that always had cold water to drink after dancing. Photographed and made by Brooklyn Carrillo using Pic Collage.

Brooklyn Carrillo, Section Editor

April 15, the night students had been waiting for since prom was first announced became a night filled with dancing and laughter. The outfits were ready, dresses with glitter were eye- catching and many had flower’s incorporated into their outfits to match the enchanted forest theme. The music was on while students waited in line, songs blasting through the venue which was filling up quickly with excited teenagers. 

Prom night did not disappoint, there was at least one song that every student enjoyed, and there was always something to do whether that was dancing with friends, or a date, or taking a seat back to relax and talk.

The junior prom royalty had been announced, Erik Shwartz and Shai Daniels respectively, as had the senior royalty, Colin Guenther and Stephen ‘Stevie’ Plahn. The four were each recognized with a flower crown, tying in with the theme. 

Students showed up with friends and dates, and soon enough the venue was swarming with them. Many wore their best attire, most notable was Sierra Engle who showed up in a lederhosen, as promised if she was nominated for prom royalty.

But students were not the only ones who shined in appearances, the venue was beautifully decorated, from the dessert table to the photo backdrop. Round tables were set up outside the dance room, while inside held smaller tables for those who wanted to be near the music but take a break from dancing. There was also always a refreshing drink nearby, either at the water station, in containers of ice, or being carried by hotel staff. 

Light desserts, ranging from brownies to cookies, were also offered at the dance. Many had eaten dinner before heading towards the venue, in a group or with a date, and some went out to eat again after.

While the night came to the end, it would be followed with students updating their social media with posts from a night to remember. Stay on the lookout for the next school dance, this time for all grades and completely free.